Monday, July 22, 2013

Monogrammed Burlap Table Runner

If you're like me, you LOVE burlap! The rustic, country look make me adore this fabric.  It may be because it reminds me of an old potato sack! Well, I was in the check out aisle at Hobby Lobby when I looked up at the nearby display of fall decor. I noticed a ruffled burlap table runner. I immediately stepped out of line and went to grab it. It helped that fall decor was 40% off too! When I got home, I went to work. 

Now the way I did my monogram can be done a number of ways. I happen to own a Cricut so I used this to make my stencil out of freezer paper. If you've never used freezer paper, you're missing out! A number of tutorials can be found on Pinterest and YouTube. Anyway, I found the design I wanted and cut my stencil out. If you do not have a die-cutting machine, you can print and trace your design and hand cut it with a utility knife. 
Once you have your design cut out, iron it to your fabric. This part is a little tedious as the burlap is hard to adhere to. I flipped the runner over and ironed the back side as well just to make sure I had a good seal. 
Te paint I chose to use was Tulip Slick fabric paint. You may use acrylic or any fabric paint. 
Now to the fun part...painting! You can just squirt the paint on one area at a time and work it in. Make sure not to go outside your freezer paper boundary. 


Cover completely!

Many tutorials will tell you at this point to allow to dry for 24 hours. Ain't nobody got time for that! Grab your hair dryer and give it a quick blow dry. 


Once it is dry to touch, carefully peel off your stencil. 



The finished project should look nice and neat! I am super happy with the way this turned out! 





Do you love it? Don't just settle for a table runner. Painted burlap looks great in many forms! Purses, wreaths, garden flags, door mats and much more! Thanks for visiting!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest