Sunday, July 1, 2012

Seussical Birthday Party


My daughter decided for her 5th birthday, she wanted a Dr. Seuss party. With the help of my Cricut, Pinterest and my right brain, I began to put together a very seussical birthday party. Prior to the event we had a photoshoot with our local photographer Monica Parkkonen using some of the party props! The dress was made by my friend Christa.  The party was hosted in our garage with a bounce house for entertainment. At the end of our road, I placed a sign directing everyone to "Whoville". All the kids had a blast and I'm pretty sure the adults did too! In the midst of the day, I forgot to take a photo of all the food. Nevertheless, here was the end result !
Ribbon Wreath

Birthday Banner (Made using Cricut)

 Floor Puzzles glued together for decorations


Banner from Amazon.com 

Wall of honor complete with the birthday girl's artwork

My Lorax watercolor painting 
 
Book placed for all the guest to sign!
Loved this idea found on Hostess with the Mostess blog!

    Cups from Dollar Tree with my custom printed labels


Activity books with printables from Seussville

Party Favor tags
Bags included bubbles, stickers and pencils from Oriental Trading

 Party Hats (Made using Cricut)


 The dessert table (minus the carved watermelon my mother-in-law made)

 Daisy Head Mazie Tea
(NO southern party is complete without sweet tea)

 Who Cupcakes

 The birthday girl's cupcake

Oh So Dandy Candy

 Yertles Turtles


Hop on Pop Lollipops
(Lollipops from Oriental Trading)

 One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Goldfish
(Rainbow Goldfish in a fishbowl)


Pink Yink Ink Drink (Pink Lemonade)

Food items not pictured were hot dogs, Scholpp with a Cherry on Top (Homemade ice cream with all the sundae fixings and of course cherries), Green Eggs No Ham (green deviled eggs), Oodles of Noodles (Pasta Salad) and Trufula Chips (Assorted Chips).


The birthday girl

Added entertainment for the kids and adults was the photobooth. I printed Dr. Seuss masks on cardstock paper and cut them out. My daughter painted dowels and then we glued them to the masks. I bought a stovepipe hat and feather boa as well. At our local Goodwill, I found a cheap, lightweight plastic frame. I painted it white and used a red piece of broadcloth for a back drop. It was a hit !


The Birthday "Lorax"


Of course, I had to get in on the action!

Hope you have enjoyed the Seussical Birthday! I designed all the printables with the exception of the masks! Remember,
"Be who you are and say what you feel.
Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" ~Dr. Seuss

1 comment:

  1. You did a wonderful job with the decorations for the party. I’m also arranging a party for my son’s birthday next weekend. I wanted to have a house party but we are planning to invite a lot of relatives so we might need bigger space. I’m looking for some suitable event locations.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest